Friday, March 12, 2010

Ears All Better!

We are happy to report that Madelyn's tubes went in with no problems this morning. We arrived at 6am, she went back and 7am, went right to sleep without fighting the mask and was done in 5 minutes. Dr. Case told us that she had really, really thick fluid in her right ear, and it never would have cleared up on its own, so it was definitely the right decision to have the tubes put in again. She was in the recovery room for about 20 minutes and then was brought right back to us. She was a little groggy, but then started drinking some juice and then we got to leave before 8am! She slept for the ride home and then for another hour after we got here. Now she is up and about and playing again. Here is a picture of her pointing to her ear. All better!


While Madelyn was in surgery, I saw my old surgeon, Dr. Hayden, who did all of my hand surgeries after my car accident 14 years ago. I introduced myself to him and he remembered me right away. (Pretty impressive since the last surgery he did was 8 or 9 years ago!) He took a look at my hand and was very happy to see how well I can use it.

Now we are waiting for Auntie Kiley who is coming over to play this afternoon... And hopefully I get a chance to do some cleaning to get ready for baptism this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment